Monday, February 1, 2010

good times

More visitor's!!! We are loving this!!! Our friends Kevin and Sarah, and Moose and Erin came in town a couple weekends ago and boy did we have a BLAST!

The guys all went to high school together and are Jake's best friends. Kevin and Jake are second cousins through their grandfather's. The girls also graduated from Belmont a few years behind the guys. And I feel so blessed to have them all as friends too!

The fun began the minute they all arrived on Saturday morning. The kids were 90% of entertainment, especially Luke! He's a spitten image of me when I was little....he does anything to make you laugh and wanted to be center of attention ALL the time! They all got a kick out of him and it made Jake and I so happy to see Luke enjoying them!

Saturday night the Colts played their first game in the playoffs, so we got a babysitter and headed to BW3's for wings and the game! There was a moment, when it hit me....I didn't feel like we were in Texas or Decatur, I was just so happy that we were all together laughing, talking, and having a great time! That's when you know you are good company and those moments are lifetime memories. And to make the night even better, the Colts won!!!

Monday, we walked the canal to Gooses Acres and had lunch! The was weather was beautiful...spring-like, so we got to eat outside under the arbor! After lunch, we rode Toby, which is the trolly. Then came home and made three pizza's on the grill and played catch phrase! Fun game! I'm pretty sure the girls won!! Right!!

It was hard to let them go on Tuesday. I wish there was more time to spend with all of them, but we will remember all the good times!

A BIG THANKS to all of you for coming down to visit us! You guys made Jake's year! He misses hanging out with ya'll! Can't wait until your next visit!

Jake, Moose, and Kevin.

Kevin is reading direction to Jake for pizza dough



Erin and Moose



Sarah and Luke making Tex Mix Chip Dip!!

Playing outside on Luke's bike.


The kids climbing on Erin!


Libby is looking.....


Now, Luke is looking!


Sarah and Erin walking with Luke!

No comments: