Thursday, April 15, 2010

torn ligements

The other day, I slipped and fell on puddle of standing water in the bathroom! I had flip flops on and my flip flop turned under, which exposed my toes and I fell forward. And, my toe bend backwards.....OUCHHHHH! I heard a SNAP! And thought, this can't be good! I rolled on the floor in a fetal position, yelling and screaming as load as I could! I bet ya'll wish you were a fly on the wall huh!! I couldn't walk on it very well and as the hours past it became very painful. I put my tennie on for better support, which helped. A couple hours pasted, I took my shoes off and found this lovely bruse!

After looking at some broken toe pictures on line, Jake thought it would be best to take me in to have x-rays. So my WONDERFUL friend, Shanndra watched the kids (THANK YOU SOOO MUCH). And we went to Urgent Care. Doc said, he thought he saw a hair-line fracture, but when he put pressure on my toe, I didn't feel extreme pain, so he thought I just probibly pulled ligaments. They wrapped it and sent me on my way. I'm just praising the Lord that I didn't have to get it reset!!!

Doctor's order....stay off foot and elevate for a few days. So I asked Jake, "Does that mean I get to have a babysitter and a housemaid come in for two days and take care of everything!!??!!" He just laughed......I guess that was a NO! And, I missed two days of work this week....I really do feel awful about that.

Jake was so sweet though the whole things! Thanks sweetheart!

This picture doesn't justify the brusing.

2 comments:

Shandra said...

it's obvious we need a pedi. holla at me when you go! :) thanks for the shout-out!!

Unknown said...

Oh i totally understand this one. I snagged my pinky toe sideways on the door and MY picture didn't do that one justice either. I was SURE I had broken it. I could hardly wear shoes for a week. We should have hobbled around together! :)