We got our first Christmas tree!! There's something about that fresh pine smell at Christmas time. The only time it smells good! Jake and I have have always had three small...I mean small...artificial Christmas tree that we put up every year. Partly, because we have moved around from apartments to apartment four times, in the six years we've been married. So it made more since to have a small tree, or in our case, three small trees. Plus, we were limited on floor space. I love our little Christmas trees and have always done different themes on each one, which makes it fun. But, this year we decided to get a
"real" tree! And we are so glad we did! The whole experience was fun. Luke was on over load the whole time we were at the market! I think he wanted to bring all the trees home with us!
There's something to be said about driving down the road with your Christmas tree on top of your car! Although we started a new tradition this year, the best part of the Christmas tree is putting up all the ornaments! Jake and I each have a tote full of our ornaments from when we were kids. Bringing those out and finally getting to hang them up brought back a lot of good memories. Jake made a comment, "I remember hanging ornaments on the tree with my mom." How sweet. I knew it brought back many great memories for him as well. Now, Luke and Libby each have a few of their own ornaments too! I wish you could smell the fresh pine!

No comments:
Post a Comment